Saturday, February 15, 2014

Free Time in Morocco?

I didn't have very much free time in Morocco, but I was able to plan my trip with a few free days in the beginning.  I decided to spend my few free days in Mouley Idriss, a small hillside town outside of Volubilis, an ancient Roman city. 

The town of Mouley Idriss lit up at night.  The mosque is in the valley between the two hills that the town comprises.
Volubilis ruins- mosaics, columns, and arches still remain.
 







Olive trees on the way to volubilis
Moroccan salads
 


The marketplace

Clementines were in season!
In the evenings and during the weekends, we had a few opportunities to relax and get to know each other.  Most of these involved grilling dinner outside our little house. 

We also had a few breaks during the daytime to cuddle with the resident pets, eat meals together (lunch was provided for us every day), and just engage in general silliness.

I also had a few free moments during my time at the American Fondouk to explore Fez, mostly with the help of Hanane, one of the Moroccan veterinarians who was training at the Fondouk with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment